Merritt Parkway Projects
Norwalk, New Canaan, & Connecticut
The Route 15 Safety Improvements Resurfacing, Enhancements and Bridge Improvements Norwalk, New Canaan, Westport
This project extends approximately 3.5 miles south from Exit 40A at Main Avenue in Norwalk to Exit 37 at South Avenue in New Canaan. The Project also extends further south to include repairs needed to the Lapham Road Bridge overpass in New Canaan.
The Route 15 Safety Improvements Resurfacing, Enhancements and Bridge Improvements Norwalk and Westport
This project is substantially completed and involved the resurfacing of Route 15 in both directions, as well as providing various safety improvements and aesthetic enhancements from Main Avenue (Route 7) in Norwalk to Newtown Turnpike in Westport.
LANE CLOSURE INFORMATION:
Lane closures SB and NB every night, Monday through Thursday for the duration of the Project which is scheduled to be completed at the end of October next year.
The locations of the closure within the Project limits will vary based on the operations being performed:
- The earliest start for lane closures for SB is at 7PM, starting at exit 40A.
- The earliest start for lane closures for NB is at 9PM.
- The Contractor avoids working Friday night but may work if work was canceled earlier in the week because of weather or if they plan to do paving during the week.
- On Fridays the earliest lane closures can occur is 8PM SB and 9PM NB.
USEFUL TRAVEL TIPS:
- Avoid the beginning of the work shift (7pm to 10pm) because that’s when lane closure patterns are installed, and traffic will slow
- Avoid when traffic patterns are being removed in the morning – typically 4:30AM to 6AM.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
- If you are travelling on the Merritt Parkway (New York Line to Stratford) and Wilbur Cross Parkway (Stratford to Meriden) the same useful
travel tips can be applied on other Projects as they will have similar start times and construction constraints.
To request information on other projects or if you need help, have a question or comment, or would like to report a problem on a state road, click the blue button below for the CTDOT Customer Care Center:
Please note that these closures can change at any time based on weather or resources.