Merritt Parkway Projects
Norwalk, New Canaan, & Westport, Connecticut
The are two projects happening concurrently on the Merritt Parkway.
The Route 15 Safety Improvements Resurfacing, Enhancements and Bridge Improvements Norwalk and Westport
Project No. 102-0368
This project involves the resurfacing of Route 15 in both directions, as well as providing various safety improvements and aesthetic enhancements from Main Avenue (Route 7) in Norwalk to Newtown Turnpike in Westport.
The Route 15 Safety Improvements Resurfacing, Enhancements and Bridge Improvements Norwalk, New Canaan, Westport
Project No. 102-0296
This project extends approximately 3.5 miles south from Exit 40A at Main Avenue in Norwalk to Exit 37 at South Avenue in New Canaan. The Project also extends further south to include repairs needed to the Lapham Road Bridge overpass in New Canaan.
Week of March 27, 2023
Project No. 102-0368
Nightly lane closures on northbound (8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) & southbound (7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.) between exits 40 and 41.
Week of February 20 & 27, 2023
For the week of February 20 and 27 nighttime Stage 3 Project work will continue Northbound on the Merritt Parkway. Crews have begun to establish additional Stage 3 construction work zones in the southbound direction. Temporary concrete barriers are being installed from Silvermine Avenue to New Canaan Avenue and from the Exit 38 SB on ramp to the Southbound Service Plaza. Right lane closures can be expected Monday through Friday from 9PM to 6AM in the northbound and southbound directions.
Work will also continue during the daytime that will not interfere with Parkway Traffic. Nighttime crews are currently working Monday through Thursday with work Friday nights as needed.
Work to be performed in the Stage 3 work zones will be behind the temporary barrier separated from traffic and will include excavations to install new drainage systems, construction of a new 8’’ wide shoulder (4’ paved shoulder + 4’ reinforced grass shoulder). Excavations will also be done to create a drainage swale beyond the shoulders to improve overall drainage of the roadway.
Please note that these closures can change at any time based on weather or resources.
Recently completed work on this project includes:
- Establish Stage 3 work Zones northbound Service Plaza to just prior to Exit 38 and Exit 38 on ramp to Silvermine Avenue.
- Northbound excavation and grading for new exit ramp from Northbound Service Plaza.
- Completed daytime cleaning of Merritt Parkway Bridge over New Canaan Avenue.
- Northbound excavation and grading from the Northbound Service Plaza to the exit 38 off Ramp.
Work in Progress:
- Northbound excavation and grading from the Exit 38 on Ramp to Silvermine Avenue.
- Installation of new drainage in NB work zones.
- Nighttime cleaning of the NB parapet of the New Canaan Avenue Bridge.
- Installation of Stage 3 Temporary Concrete barrier in South bound direction.
- Daytime and nighttime construction new Merritt Parkway concrete barrier on White Oak Shade Road and Marvin Ridge Road bridge abutment faces.
- Nighttime cleaning of the White Oak Shade Bridge over the Merritt Parkway.
- Begin earth excavation and grading southbound.
This Project is currently scheduled for completion on October 31, 2024